All members of the Camping and Caravanning Club are welcome to camp with us at any of meets and temporary holiday sites.
- The sites should be signposted with CDA marker posts, please follow the signs and report to the steward on arrival. You will be asked to show your memberships cards and pay the fees to the steward. The steward will advise the locations of the facilities and direct you to your pitch if required.
- All guests must report to the stewards with their name and who they are visiting.
- Once site is open, arrivals must be within 9:00 am & 9:00pm anything arrivals outside these hours, have to be arranged with the stewards on site.
- Please observe the 5mph speed limit whilst on site. This is to safeguard all on site, but in particular the many children that attend, all of whom are having too good a time to pay any attention to traffic on site.
- Chesterfield D.A welcomes all types of units on our sites, tents, trailer tents, caravans, camper vans and motorhomes as long as they are designed for overnight accommodation and that you have your own toilet and washing facilities.
- Unless stated there are no toilet and shower on sites, ‘Own San Ess’ or Own Sanitation Essential means bring your own toilet. A chemical toilet disposal point (Elsan) will be on site.
- As many of our sites are ‘Pop Up’ sites located in fields, there is rarely electric hook up (EHU) available unless stated. Therefore you will require your own power sources, ie gas for cooking & heating and a full leisure battery. Many people are now using solar panels to keep their batteries topped up while on site. Generators can be used following the club rules and at the discretion of the stewards without disturbing others.
- Generators can be used at the discretion of the Stewards between the hours of 10:00 – 12:00 & 14:00 – 16:00. Please check before using.
- We allow awnings, gazebos and pup tents to be erected on your pitch at no extra charge.
- No ball games, flying objects or ‘bubbles’ to be used around the units.
- Chesterfield D.A is only a small group that focuses mainly on providing a no-frills camping experience, we do hold a few coffee events throughout the camping season, but this depends on the location and stewards. We do have our annual birthday meet. See the sites list for more information. You are not obliged to attend the social events even if you are on site. It’s your holiday to do what you want!
- Waste and recycling, rubbish disposal is expensive, so we only provide waste disposal on temporary holiday sites. So on a weekend meet, please be prepared to take your waste home. When you leave site we ask that you ensure that you leave the area around your pitch as clean as when you arrived to save the Steward the task.
- You do not need to book to attend our meets and there is generally ample space for all. Although we do recommend contacting the steward before you travel to check, especially if the weather is good!
- Dogs are welcome at all meets. All considerate dog owners will appreciate that whilst on site dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and will remember to clean up behind their pets.
- A fire bucket, filled with water should be kept by the front of your unit. This will be extremely handy in the event of a fire in a unit when the collective effect of everyone’s fire buckets can prevent a small problem becoming a major one.
- We want all of our campers to have a relaxing stay, that’s why we ask that there be no noise or movement of vehicles between 11pm and 7am.
- Noise must be kept to a reasonable level at all times so as not to disturb the enjoyment of others. Please be considerate to the people in the next units – caravans, motorhomes, tents etc are not soundproof!
- Sites do have opening and closing times, please check on individual sites as these can change following landowners instructions. Please do not arrive before the site opens as you will not be covered under the insurance.
For the safety of yourself and campers, please follow the club rules for meets and temporary holiday sites: Camping and Caravanning Club Rules